When you’re busy, keeping your refrigerator organized can be very low on your to-do list. Who cares if your refrigerator is tidy? The answer is simple: You should!
Did you know that keeping your refrigerator organized and clean can save you time and money? It’s true! When your refrigerator is properly organized you’re less likely to find spoiled (“forgotten”) food in the back, which means less thrown out food and more money in your pocket.
When you have a plan for how you store your food, you’ll always ensure meats are kept cold, vegetables don’t wilt, and high use items are easy to find and grab.
Check out our french door refrigerator organization guide to learn how to store your food for optimal freshness and convenience.
French Door Refrigerator Organization Tips
- Don’t store dairy products in the door—the temperature in the door is consistently changing, which can cause dairy products spoil faster.
- Keep raw meats in the base of your refrigerator in airtight containers. Raw meats can contaminate other foods, putting your family at risk of coming in contact with bacteria such as salmonella and E. coli.
- Keep your fruits and veggies in the crisper drawers to ensure freshness for as long as possible.
- Airtight Containers are a good way to keep food fresh for an extended period of time. Tools like the FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer will keep foods fresh longer.
- Keep food organized using baskets inside your refrigerator. This makes all your food accessible and identifiable quickly.
Here are some of our favorite organization tools for refrigerator and counter storage.
OXO Good Grips
Seal’In Food Storage Vacuum Containers
Let us know your favorite way to keep your refrigerator organized in the comments below!