Sometimes it’s fun to be spontaneous. But when you host Thanksgiving there’s no time for letting fate take control. The experts at Appliance Service Station put together a guide to Thanksgiving dinner for even the most spur-of-the-moment entertainer. Complete with tips, tricks, and insider advice, it’s sure to keep you on track.
How to Plan Like a Pro: Our Guide to Thanksgiving Dinner
Sometimes knowing where to start is the hardest step in how to plan Thanksgiving. That’s why our Thanksgiving planning guide covers all the big prep questions from recipes to appliance care.
Important Thanksgiving Appliance Tips
Our guide to Thanksgiving dinner starts with some TLC for the unsung heroes in our Thanksgiving planner; your appliances:
- Cut the self-clean: the high temps of the oven’s self-clean feature can cause oven malfunctions. We suggest refraining from use until after the holidays or consider steam cleaning.
- Help your dishwasher: before loading your dishwasher straight from the table, take the time to scrape off debris.
- Don’t overload the refrigerator: this will only make your fridge work harder and could lead to improper cooling.
With a little attention and our holiday appliance tips, your kitchen workhorses will keep working for you all season long.
Follow a Thanksgiving Timeline
The night before Thanksgiving is best reserved for a good night’s sleep, not menu planning. Our Thanksgiving list summary offers multiple timelines and online checklists so you can find the proactive method that works for you:
- A Timeline for the First Time: this guide is perfect for the first time host with step-by-step instruction and a checklist.
- Timeline by Food: the perfect rundown of what to cook and when.
- Advance Checklist: for the host who wants a month’s head start, this checklist covers everything well in advance.
If you find the Thanksgiving planning timeline that works for you, we believe you’ll plan with ease!
Best Gourmet Thanksgiving Dishes
Want to wow your guests with an elegant meal but unsure where to begin? Our guide to Thanksgiving dinner has all the recipes and Thanksgiving dinner tips you need for a memorable feast:
- Appetizer: Tri-colored beet tart
- Side-dish: Apple and sausage focaccia stuffing
- Turkey: Clementine-salted turkey
Get all our gourmet Thanksgiving recipes here.
Delicious Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
As stuffed as everyone is after Thanksgiving dinner, we all seem to find room for dessert. Here are some sweets that show off the best of fall flavors:
- Pear Clafouti
- Pumpkin Bread Truffles
- Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza
Complete recipes available here.
What to Do if Your Oven Breaks
Though just the thought is panic-inducing, sometimes appliances fail us in key moments. Here are some common oven problems you can troubleshoot to get quickly back on track:
- Oven Door Won’t Close
- Heating Issues
- Oven Fan Malfunctions
We’ve got the details for these common oven problems that will get you back up and running in no time.
With a little planning, our guide to Thanksgiving dinner should help you host with ease and enjoy the company of those you love most. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Appliance Service Station!