The burst of energy that comes after a long winter can fuel the desire for a thorough spring cleaning. But this task can be overwhelming if you don’t know where to begin. Our appliance cleaning tips provide the perfect starting points from cleaning your oven to organizing the laundry room.
Wondering Where to Begin Spring Cleaning? Start With These Appliance Cleaning Tips
Finding time for regular appliance maintenance can be difficult. That’s why the start of spring can be the perfect chance to catch up on some appliance TLC. Our guide summarizes some basic appliance cleaning tips to kick off your spring cleaning.
Clean Your Refrigerator Condenser Coils
Refrigerator condenser coils can become clogged with dust and dirt over time, limiting their function and making your refrigerator work harder. Our appliance cleaning tips start with how to clean refrigerator condenser coils to avoid repairs:
- Turn off power to the refrigerator
- Remove the grille or kick plate to locate the condenser coils
- Vacuum with a soft bristle brush attachment in a vertical motion
- Replace the grille or kick plate and restore power to the refrigerator
Our Refrigerator Organization Guide
Keeping an organized refrigerator can reduce food spoilage and odor and help your refrigerator run more efficiently. Preserve your food items and keep your fridge neat and tidy with these refrigerator organization ideas:
- Store dairy items that spoil quickly in the back of the refrigerator, where the temperature is coldest.
- Keep raw meats in airtight containers to avoid cross-contamination
- Place fruits and vegetables in crisper drawers to maintain freshness
- Use storage baskets to easily store and identify loose items
Tips for Cleaning a High End Oven
Your oven worked hard providing a winter’s worth of hot meals, collecting spills along the way. Our tips for cleaning a high end oven include the proper materials and techniques for these premium appliances:
- Use a razor blade to gently scrape away baked-on food particles
- Spray a mild degreaser or cleanser in the oven’s interior, allowing it to sit for several minutes
- Scrub the interior with a non-abrasive scrub pad
- Remove oven racks and scrub with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive pad
- Set the oven to 500°F for two hours.
- Spray and wipe down with cleanser a second time after oven cools
How to Clean an Under Counter Ice Maker
If you have an under the counter ice maker it also requires regular cleaning and maintenance to function properly. Here’s how to clean an under counter ice maker quickly and easily:
- Clean the exterior by wiping down with a mild detergent, glass cleaner or stainless steel cleaner
- Remove all interior components, wash them in warm soapy water and allow to dry completely
- Wipe down the interior with a soft cloth and warm water. Use a 1:1 solution of water and vinegar to remove any odor
- Clean the ice maker condenser coils with a soft bristle vacuum brush attachment
Laundry Room Organization Ideas
A winter’s worth of laundry can leave any laundry room in a state of disorder. These easy laundry room organization ideas can create a spring-ready space:
- Install adjustable shelving to customize storage for your space
- Make the most of shelf space with bins to organize small, loose items
- Use a foldable or wall-mounted laundry rack to provide a hanging are for clothes
We hope these appliance cleaning tips provide easy starting points for regular appliance maintenance. Happy Spring Cleaning from Appliance Service Station, your high end appliance service experts!