Dealing with a smelly washing machine seems to be a common household hassle. While we hope the stench will dissipate on its own, ignoring the issue will just lacquer on more problems. Why does my Fisher and Paykel washing machine smell? Whether you’re in the midst of a dirty drain pump or the wrong detergent, ensuring freshness for your clothes is priority one. Try these tips if your Fisher and Paykel washing machine smells bad.
What to Do If Your Fisher and Paykel
Washing Machine Smells Bad
Many factors can contribute to a putrid washer odor taking a pleasure cruise through your nasal cavity. Don’t wait for the possibility of the smell to weave itself into your lucky shirt. Fasten a clothespin to your nose, breathe in some courage, and get ready to throw a Bon Voyage! party for that unflattering washer smell.
Why Does My Fisher and Paykel Washing Machine Smell?
A washer building an odor over time is a normal ordeal unless proper maintenance measures are practiced. Moisture is stored inside your unit after each load, securing a cozy cocoon for mildew to mature. Developing a habit of routine mold removal from your washer will save you future headaches.
Another reason your Fisher and Paykel washing machine smells bad could stem from using too much detergent. As with other liquids, adding hefty amounts of detergent to a damp, enclosed space can create a bacteria surplus. Not only does too much detergent lead to unpleasant smells, but also using the wrong detergent can pave a pungent situation. Refer to the manufacturer’s recommendation to determine the best detergent for your particular model.
How to Clean a Fisher and Paykel Washing Machine
If not properly cared for, your washer door gasket could be the source of your smelly scenario. Your door gasket is the rubber seal that encircles the inside of the washer door. Follow this step-by-step guide to cement a squeaky clean gasket and, hopefully, a pleasant odor.
How to clean mold from a front load washer gasket:
- Open the washer door and peel back the gasket so that you have a visual of its interior.
- Remove small items like hair, coins, etc.
- Using a microfiber rag, thoroughly wipe the gasket with a solution of vinegar and warm water.
- For persistent black mildew spots, dip a toothbrush in a 10% bleach solution and scrub the spots diligently.
Your washer tub can also develop into a breeding ground for mold and mildew after gradually collecting dirt and detergent. Most newer models have a built-in system used for cleaning the tub. Activate this cycle to guarantee proficient cleaning.
In the event your washer doesn’t come with this option, first mix 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup of water. Dump this mixture into the detergent compartment. Next, measure 2 cups of white vinegar, pour directly into the drum, then perform a cycle on high heat to break up the mold and mildew. Once the cycle finishes, use a mixture of vinegar and water to remove residual mildew.
How to Clean the Washer Pump Filter
If your Fisher and Paykel washing machine smells funky, try steering your attention to the pump filter. The washer’s drain pump drains water out of the washer tub. Throughout your washer’s life span, small items like lint, hair, coins, and keys will fall down into the drain system and get trapped in the filter. Follow these steps to keep your filter in top shape.
- Locate the filter on the front of the machine toward the bottom’s left or right side.
- Place a small bowl and towel under the washer door.
- Turn the filter counter clockwise to remove it, allowing the water to drain into the bowl and towel.
- Remove any debris from the filter.
- Run the filter under hot water to eradicate the grime.
- Clean the area where the filter slides into with a warm rag.
- Reinstall the filter and close the access door.
Ways to Prevent Front Load Washer Odor
Avoiding future “How do I get my front load washer to stop smelling?” searches is manageable with some preventative tactics. Immersing yourself in these habits can minimize stress in the future.
- Perform monthly clean washer cycles with Affresh washing machine tablets.
- Leave your washer door ajar between cycles to alleviate moisture build-up.
- Wipe down the door gasket after every load.
- Remove washed clothes immediatley after each cycle.
- Use the correct amount of a detergent compatable with your washer model.
With our surefire tips on keeping stinky washer smells at bay, it’s understandable if you want to sneak a sniff of your freshly-scented unit every once in a while. However, if you ever require Fisher and Paykel repair service or any washing machine repair, contact the experts at Appliance Service Station.
We have a top loader F. Paykel washing machine with a mould like smell, how to get rid of this? have cleaned everywhere inside. any tips Thanks.
I would like to know the reply. We have the same thing very frustrating.
I would love knowing how you clean a top loader. The machine really smells and I have cleaned what I can. Please send response. firstname.lastname@example.org thank you!!