There’s nothing worse than a dirty ice maker. Not only does it make your drinks taste gross, but it can also lead to bacteria growth. If you’re not sure how to clean your sub-zero ice maker, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to get your machine sparkling clean. So get ready to pour yourself a cold one – without the guilt!
Step-by-Step How to Clean a Sub-Zero Ice Maker
How to clean a Sub-Zero ice maker may vary by model. Be sure to refer to your owner’s manual for guidance on your unit.
Is it Important to Clean a Sub-Zero Undercounter Ice Maker?
Answer: Yes, it is important to clean your Sub-Zero under-counter ice maker at least every 6 months. There are several reasons that you want to clean your ice machine.
- It helps to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.
- It removes build-up of minerals, which can lead to clogged lines and decreased performance over time.
- It helps maintain the best quality ice and prevents ice from having a strange taste or smell.
How Often Should I Clean My Undercounter Ice Maker?
For best results, clean your Sub-Zero under-counter ice maker every six months. Only use Sub-Zero cleaner and sanitizer products, and do not any other products, including vinegar or bleach.
Sub-Zero’s cleaning solution will enhance the ice maker’s dependability, performance, and water and power consumption savings. Clean the external surface of your Sub-Zero Undercounter ice maker with soap and water.
Steps to Clean a Sub-Zero Undercounter Ice Machine
- Start the cleaning cycle by pushing “clean” on your ice machine.
- After a two-minute harvest cycle, remove all ice from the bin.
- Use a small measuring cup to pour 4oz of the Cleaner for Undercounter Ice Makers behind the ice shutters.
- After the Clean light flashes, lift the water shutters and pour the cleaner directly into the spray area.
After the cleansing and rinsing cycle, the Clean light will turn off. Sanitize your Sub-Zero under-counter ice machine after the cleaning cycle.
How to Sanitize a Sub Zero Ice Maker
After completing a cleaning cycle, push the Clean button again to begin the sanitization cycle. Be sure to only use Sub-Zero’s Ice Maker Sanitizer Solution. Measure 1 tablespoon of the sanitizer solution, lift the water shutters, and pour the sanitizer directly into the spray area.
The sanitizer cycle will run for ten minutes and then eight rinse cycles. After the sanitizing cycle is complete, your ice maker is clean and ready to use.
Cleaning and sanitizing your Sub-Zero under-counter ice machine regularly will help to prolong its life and keep it running smoothly. If you have any questions about the cleaning or sanitizing process, or if your ice maker is not working properly, contact Appliance Service Station Inc for Factory-Authorized Sub-Zero repair. Our team of experienced technicians will be happy to help.